• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aunt Adopting Nephew

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessica3

What is the name of your state? Florida
I have a friend that is trying to adopt her nephew. The parents are consenting to the adoption, but she is confused as to what needs to be filed with the court. Alot of states have an adoption paket you can buy with all the forms that need to be filed and the verifications you need. If anyone could let me know what needs to be filed it would really help us out. Thanks!What is the name of your state?

Silverplum

I have a friend that is trying to adopt her nephew. The parents are consenting to the adoption, but she is confused as to what needs to be filed with the court. Alot of states have an adoption paket you can buy with all the forms that need to be filed and the verifications you need. If anyone could let me know what needs to be filed it would really help us out. Thanks!What is the name of your state?
We NEVER advise people to adopt without the services of an adoption attorney. We help people do many things in family court without attorneys, but not adoption.

Gracie3787

She really needs to hire an attorney, there are too many things that can go wrong without one.

IF it is a situation where the state is involved, she can adopt through the state, if not she will have to hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">