• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adopting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babyberr

What is the name of your state? I live in TEXAS

I have been trying to establish a father son relationship between my son and his dad. For about 4 years I have been tring to get paternity established through the attorney general. My son's (bio-father) doesn't try to contact him. The contact my son has had with him I have iniciated by driving him 6 hours to see him and his family. I finally got temporary orders through the attorney general for child support. He doesn't respond to anything and hasn't started to pay it since may when it was to start ( I don't care about the money formyself it is for my son's needs). We have court in August. My fiance would like to adopt my son or give him his last name and terminate child support from (bio-father) if he continues to not take interest. Is this possible. A civilized way of course. My son currently has my last name??? Thanks for your advice...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Nope your fiance cannot adopt him and you keep your rights NOR will you be able to change your child's name to his (fiance's) last name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">