• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property with 2 owners; 1 is a ward of the court.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Incognito123

What is the name of your state? Mo

I own 50% interest in a piece of realestate. The other 50% is held by someone who is a ward of the state. The conservator has been getting quotes to make enhancements on this property without notifying me. Can the conservator or the court legally force me to pay for enhancements on this property that I do not approve? No work has been done at this time. This is more of a what if. I read through Mo Probate 475 and saw nothing dealing with split ownership of property.

2nd question - I assume I must petition the court if I want to move my interest in this property into a LLC?

Dandy Don

This is a family law question so post it on that message board, please. And then consult a local real estate attorney.

What enhancements are being requested?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">