• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is a Final Accounting - Final???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richie78

What is the name of your state? Texas

My Aunt died over 20 years ago; had a will that went thru probate; her estate assets were distributed; and, a final accounting was prepared when probate was closed and the administrator was released by the probate court .

Her younger sister, my other aunt, has recently died. She was trustee for her mother's house, and was supposed to have transferred the house to her mother's heirs upon her death as part of her trustee obligations. Her mother died over 40 years ago, but my aunt didn't complete this transfer before she died. The house was finally sold under direction of the Probate court, and the proceeds were distributed to her mother's heirs which included my aunt described above who was vested with the inheritance when her mother died as indicated over 40 years ago.

The recent distribution of the her inheritance share of the proceeds from the sale of the house was made to the estate of my first aunt described above who died over 20 years ago. Now my question is this. Since a probate of my aunt's estate was completed in which a final accounting had been submitted to the probate court, does her probate case have to be reopened and a new final accounting prepared to account for the subsequent follow-on distribution of the proceeds to my aunt's heirs? If not, then what procedure is followed to properly distribute such an unanticipated inheritance distribution to her estate?What is the name of your state?

tranquility

You could go to the best attorney, skilled in probate matters, and he won't have a clue. After a lot of research, he will come up with an argument. This forum will give you nothing of any value.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">