• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Lemon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chicana_811

My husband and I purchased a used car on November 13, 2000. A 1991 Ford Taurus from a small local dealership in our small town. When we first inquired about the car, we told the dealers that we wanted a car that was reliable and that would get us to work everyday. We wanted a car with a heater and one that would not cause us any problems. We found a Ford Taurus that we liked. We asked the dealer about the car and he said that it was a reliable car. That it had no problems whatsoever. We test drove it and it ran fine. We didn't see any problems with it.

We have now had the car for approximately 3 months and we have had numerous problems with it. 2 days ago, the car's spark plugs started to burn (there were actuall small flames coming out of the spark plugs). We can no longer drive the car. That was one of the problems. There have been a total of 6 problems to this car.

We purchased the car "as is". I understand that. My question is this: Do my husband and I have to continue to pay for an automobile that does not run and has had numerous problems, when we were assured that the car was "reliable" and that it "ran fine"?
What can we do?

C

Chicana_811

oops... I forgot to mention...

In my earlier question I forgot to mention that I purchased the car in Kentucky. So I am wondering what laws there are in Kentucky to help me resolve my situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">