• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i go about haveing my boyfriend adpot my daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cutie18212005

What is the name of your state? PENNSYLVANIA

hello my name is anita and i live in pennsylvania. i have a 9 month old daughter and the guy that i thought was her father is not her father, he is not on the birth certificate, but she dose have his last name i have tried to find out who her father is and everyone that i have had tested is not her father, i am not engaged and the guy that i am going to marry wants to adopt her. my question is how do i go about doing this and what do we have to do in order for him to adopt her?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Be married for at least a year, and find an adoption attorney. Adoptions are very complicated and it's easier in the long run to hire an attorney.

CourtClerk

I would suggest that the OP wait at least 5 years after marriage to have her new boyfriend adopt the child.

However, the rest of what you said Geekess, was correct.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I would suggest that the OP wait at least 5 years after marriage to have her new boyfriend adopt the child.

However, the rest of what you said Geekess, was correct.
Yes, I do agree, the longer the marriage the easier it will be to prove stability. Especially since OP doesn't know which man fathered her 9 month old child. ;)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes, I do agree, the longer the marriage the easier it will be to prove stability. Especially since OP doesn't know which man fathered her 9 month old child. ;)
Yes - and that's after SEVERAL attempts at DNA testing.

Incredible...poor kid

Perky

i have tried to find out who her father is and everyone that i have had tested is not her father,
On a side note, you should check with the hospital where you delivered to see what tests your daughter received. A quick check of the Pennsylvania Dept of Health website shows that STD screening is not mandatory. In light of the above quote, you should have your daughter screened.

CourtClerk

My first response included 5 - 10 years, but I figured you guys would have thought that I flew off the deep end. Unbelievable, in this day and age where indiscriminate sex will kill you, you still find someone who is this loose with their bodies. Talk about a lack of self respect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">