• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

administration disagreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gretchenritz@ms

What is the name of your state? Colorado
My sibling ( an defense attorney in another state) insists an attorney administrate our recently deceased parent's will. We are nominated co-personal representatives and I see this as a straight-forward process without a need for legal representation. The provisions of the will are for unsupervised administration, with informal probate and closing and non-judicial proceeding. All property and assets are either held in trust or by beneficiary to be divided equally. I discovered the original will Saturday (we both had copies prior) and intend to file with the appropriate court Monday. I also have original deeds and other documents and am prepared to begin mailing death certificates to all appropriate parties. Can I be forced to use legal counsel as my sibling is directing?What is the name of your state? Colorado

Dandy Don

Do you have time to take off of your job to take care of these matters which could take a few weeks or a few months? If not, better to let an attorney do it.

gretchenritz@ms

I am a homemaker, which of course, is a full-time job. I feel my responsiblity to my deceased parent is to fulfill my duty as outlined.

Dandy Don

Ask him what are his reasons for wanting attorney representation. No matter what he says, you can tactfully tell him what you told me--that you intend to honor the wishes as stated in the will, and that you will be using an attorney for consultation purposes only, if needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">