• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is that possible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stephanie25

What is the name of your state? Illinois or Georgia

Can anybody help me? I have to know if it´s possible to put up a baby for adoption on your own even if you are married. Is an adoption that happined in a marriage without the father knowing or signing anything illegal?'

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Illinois or Georgia

Can anybody help me? I have to know if it´s possible to put up a baby for adoption on your own even if you are married. Is an adoption that happined in a marriage without the father knowing or signing anything illegal?'
:eek:
Hell, yes, that's ILLEGAL! :eek:

nextwife

Unless...some wierd situation happened where the dad was completely unfindable for long enough for abandonment to factor in. However, that would be extremely unlikely in a marriage.
Even then it would ONLY be legal if there were some sort of court order obtained that allowed the adoption to occur without him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">