• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i know-blue warrants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

glastron7300

What is the name of your state? Texas
Hello, I recently had a home visit by my PO. I had to drive from a house other than the home I paroled to. I was supposed to get a ride with my friend, but because we got up late because of heavy partying the night before, she had to get to work-so no ride for me. She allowed me to use her dad’s truck instead. My licensed is suspended and parole requires me to use an ignition interlock. I show up for the visit early and wait for the PO. She finally shows up, but comes from a direction other the normal route for this subdivions. The visit goes okay and we talk a bit. She shakes my hand and leaves. I have to leave and take the truck that brought me out to the house.

Do PO's hang around to see what there parolee's are doing?
If she has proof that I was driving (pictures, or just eyewitness), can she give me a technical violation? If she did not say anything, am I okay? Will there be a surprise on my next visit or how do I even know if she has gone for a blue warrant?

Please help

g

CdwJava

Do PO's hang around to see what there parolee's are doing?
Sometimes.

If she has proof that I was driving (pictures, or just eyewitness), can she give me a technical violation?
If it is a violation of your parole, yes.

If she did not say anything, am I okay?
Maybe.

Will there be a surprise on my next visit or how do I even know if she has gone for a blue warrant?
No one can say for sure - we don't know your parole officer.

- Carl

outonbail

Since your PO is aware of the fact that you do not have a license, I would expect them to watch you if you were leaving their office, but to hang around your home to see if you leave after them, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of them doing something like that if they didn't have any prior suspicions that you were driving.
However, I would also have expected that she would have notified the authorities of your driving without a license and requested that a marked unit stop you and cite you for driving on a suspended license.

This way she wouldn't have to argue her word against your word to the judge when your violation hearing is brought before the court. Not that the PO wouldn't be just as successful in violating you, on just their word alone. It's just a little more cut and dry when there is an officer who cited you for breaking the law only minutes after meeting with your PO and assuring him/her that you are making every effort to obey the law.

But quite frankly, going by the actions you described, you're not taking this parole situation seriously and if you continue to do things that you can be violated for, you will eventually be violated.

I'm referring to your statement about getting up late because you were partying late. If you know you have a meeting with your parole officer, why is it so difficult to stay home, where you're supposed to be, the night before this planned meeting? It makes no sense to take these chances if you really don't want to end up back in prison.

If you can't stay home and refrain from partying, one night a week or one night a month, depending on how frequently your PO visits, then you have some serious issues.

I'm not trying to put you down, I just can't understand the logic of your actions,,,,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">