• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't talk to the cops

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

I wish I could download it . I would give copies to my children and friends (if legal, of course). I am making them watch it though.

while the officer does state he does not wish to prosecute innocent people, the problem is; if he believes an inccocent person is in fact guilty, he will prosecute them and often a simple twisting of the words can make an innocent person appear to be guilty.

mike_lee

I wish I could download it
Look in your temp folder. It will be named something.tmp rename it whatever.flv or .avi If that doesn't work download opera watch the video and it will be in a directory named cache4 and the file will be properly named

my temp folder is located @
E:\Documents and Settings\mikechunglee\Local Settings\Temp

in windows explorer you can make any directory a bookmark just like you do with a browser (under favorites)

justalayman

I was under the impression it is a streaming video which is not recordable/downloadable. You tube even states they are not downloadable.

but I will try.

garrula lingua

Good videos, but the best one was done by Chris Rock about two years ago "When the cops are coming to get you, they are bringing a whooping ... What not to do when stopped by a cop"
I can't find the reference, but that was great.

Before I did Crim Law, I never believed the cops who said the defendant dropped the drugs right in front of me ... but they sure as heck did.
and they left license plates behind after a hit and run,
or left the indentation of the plates on the back of the car they rear-ended ...
And they blabbered like crazy, including one crim def atty I dealt with ... I guess the urge to confess/cleanse is strong in those with a conscience.

Moral being: Don't talk to the cops.
If pressured, say 'Thank you, I would like my attorney to be here. Please call my attorney.' or just say nothing - just, when asked, give your ID info for booking.
Ask 'Am I under arrest ?' If not, leave.

Justa: Some Prosecutors have dismissed more cases than any PD or Crim Def Atty :)

A little advice my lawyer once gave me. When you get the right to remain silent it is always best to do so.

My personal philosophy, although I have not had to put it into use is, once the handcuffs go on the mouth goes quiet. We can take a ride down to the jail and we can all work this stuff out later.

mike_lee

I was under the impression it is a streaming video which is not recordable/downloadable. You tube even states they are not downloadable.

but I will try.
They can say whatever they want but the nature of computers is such the object has to exist on the hard drive before it can be opened. Windows does this by storing them in a temp folder. When you shut your browser down it removes these temp files (you have to move them before you close the browser)

But Firefox and Opera said "Forget what youtube or microsoft wants we work for the users."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">