• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

waiver on probate will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cynthia jordan

i live in birmingham alabama, jefferson county. my grandmother died 01-31-01. I was her caregiver and power of attorney. I am the excutrix and only benefitiary to her will. she has only a small house with no contents in it since she has lived with me since 1993. I got petition for probate of seld-providing will and waiver on probate will from the internet at a cost of $10. can i ask for a waiver on probate will, can i file it myself, and what other steps do i need to take?

ALawyer

You can try to at least start it yourself. A lot depends on how sympathetic the local probate clert is. Go to the courthouse and make nice. But if you have any problem, get a lawyer -- it is usually worth the cost to avoid the hassle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">