• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsigned Moving Violation Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manoshan

NJ: Received a ticket for failure to observe Yield or Stop sign. I was getting on to Route 17 on my entry lane; I saw a car in the next lane on my mirror and slowed down. The other car slowed down as well - so I sped up and got on to the next lane. The cop car was behind the other car - gave me a ticket stating that I did not yield to on-coming traffic.

The officer did not sign the ticket nor did he state his badge number or date the signature section. He left the bottom part blank (where he is suppose to sign and state his name or badge number)

Is this sufficiant grounds for dismissal?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

seniorjudge

Q: Is this sufficiant grounds for dismissal?

A: You have a courtesy copy; go to the courthouse and see if the real ticket is messed up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">