• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stuff Soap Operas are made of

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stressed Dad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas
I'm divorced from my daughter’s mother 14 years. My daughter is 23. My Ex was 2 weeks away from a divorce from her Doctor Husband of 14 years, when she was found dead. The divorce had been in process for 2 years. The death suspicious. For $10,000 the Doctor is trying to get my daughter to sign papers saying she gets what she has in her possession now: Furniture, clothing, TV. I don’t know what to tell her. I don’t even know what kind of lawyer to send her to. How much money should she be charged for a lawyer? Should she contact her mother’s divorce lawyer? It’s bad enough that she lost her mother, but now to suspect her step father and have him trying to have her sign papers……What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

las365

When did your ex wife die? Your daughter should seek counsel from an attorney who handles probate litigation (as in disputes, not straight uncontested probate). She should also inform the law enforcement agency that is investigating her mother's death of her stepfather's proposed agreement and give them a copy of it if she has one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">