• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have grounds for suppression?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

podthebod

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I am currently facing a trial where I am charged with 3 counts of Unauthorized reproduction of copyright material and 1 count of possession of a controlled substance.

The issue a detective from a local police department was issued a search warrant to my home. Before entering my home he went to the leasing office and obtained a key and entered the home without announcing his presence on a "knock warrant".

But there is a bigger issue. In search warrant report he told the Judge that the investigative events that led up to the request of a search warrant but they are completely different then his post arrest police report. The dates aren't off by days but by weeks.

On some dates in the search warrant he claims he did one thing and in the police report he claims an entirely different thing.

Could my lawyer file a motion to suppress evidence because of this reason?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I am currently facing a trial where I am charged with 3 counts of Unauthorized reproduction of copyright material and 1 count of possession of a controlled substance.

The issue a detective from a local police department was issued a search warrant to my home. Before entering my home he went to the leasing office and obtained a key and entered the home without announcing his presence on a "knock warrant".

But there is a bigger issue. In search warrant report he told the Judge that the investigative events that led up to the request of a search warrant but they are completely different then his post arrest police report. The dates aren't off by days but by weeks.

On some dates in the search warrant he claims he did one thing and in the police report he claims an entirely different thing.

Could my lawyer file a motion to suppress evidence because of this reason?
Ask your lawyer who can see the documents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">