• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

active warrant felon from sept 99

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rudycfls

Richmond VA
Hello I was informed by richmond VA medical hospital to pay for services as I show up in their background check database as an active warrant felon from sept 1999. Honorable discharged vet and worked at DC va medical hospital for 6 months in 2005. I recall the warrant , spent a weekend in jail and went to court, a judgement was passed as I had no money and I left the state of the warrant, Boston MA, in 2001 after informing Brighton MA court I was seeking work out of state and they said no problem. Never been incarcerated and I had numerous background checks for other employment so this the first I heard about this situation, any advice how I should proceed? thank you:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Richmond VA

Last edited:

The Occultist

You need to go turn yourself in. Bringing an attorney might make the process a little easier. Either way, make sure to bring enough money to post your own bail.

rudycfls

thanks but

that good advice but my reality is I made 7k last year and maybe 10k if I am lucky this year so cash flow is preventing that course of action, best suggestion I heard is call police and see if actually warrant had been issued if not good but if so what course would be open to me then as working 6-6.5 daily pay job to get rent paid and using food stamps to eat? thanks again

outonbail

that good advice but my reality is I made 7k last year and maybe 10k if I am lucky this year so cash flow is preventing that course of action, best suggestion I heard is call police and see if actually warrant had been issued if not good but if so what course would be open to me then as working 6-6.5 daily pay job to get rent paid and using food stamps to eat? thanks again
If it is definitely a felony warrant, you can probably turn yourself over to your local police, they'll contact MA and MA will probably send down a limo and you'll get a free ride. If no limo is available, they will send a bus or a van in it's place.
You don't need to bring your food stamps either, as they will also feed you! :D

rudycfls

background check inaccuracies

thanks for the feedback and giving me some ideas. To clarify though, I do recall warrant of sept 99 and when they came to house I went willingly and sat in jail over the weekend. In court the judge sought payment for bad check which I didn't have. Judgement issued, fast forward to dec 2001 and I went to court house and told them I was leaving boston seeking employment in DC and they gave me the green light to go. So I have been to court over this matter and is it possible VA background check is inaccurate as I did appear in court for warrant in 1999? thanks for your help

outonbail

is it possible VA background check is inaccurate as I did appear in court for warrant in 1999?
Any thing's possible, what did the authorities in Boston say when you called to ask them about it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">