• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Process for Trial by Declaration? (CA)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bautista3000

Just in case I do decide to fight my ticket, I just wanted to ask about the process for pleading not guilty by mail and requesting a trial by declaration. I did a little research and visited a few websites, but it's still not very clear to me. I know that there is the official form for requesting a trial by declaration, but on that same form it asks you to provide your case/evidence...I thought that the process was to first plead "not guilty," request the trial by written declaration, and then submit your case/declaration by the date given. The official "Trial by Declaration Request" form seems to be all those steps in one, but I was hoping I could plead not guilty first, and then have time to prepare my case/write-up. I would like to avoid going to court, so can someone please clarify this process for me? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">