• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Do You look Up Criminal Records?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trini85

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I live in New York and was wondering if there was a way to look up criminal records (for free perhaps?).

FlyingRon

Free, don't knwo. Intellus and a bunch of other sites will run a background check along the lines of $20. It however, isn't trememdously accurate.

acmb05

Oh, I was just being nosy :D

I thought there was somewhere that had them listed or something.
Sure is. Go to just about any court house and ask. They are public record. My local court house has two computers at the desk where you pay your fines that any one can come in and use to look up any one they feel like looking at.

CraigFL

Here in FL, the records are on-line and free for many counties. You have to check court records for each county individually. The records show information for civil, criminal and traffic cases.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">