• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false accu. sexual assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajaja

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO

My 30 yr. old son accidentally brushed a teen neighbor's thigh while reaching for his yr. old baby. Evidently she told her mother who came from their home across the street and started beating on my sleeping son while he was holding the baby. The cops came, held a gun to his head and took him away. This in front of his 8 and 11 year olds.

I live in CA and my husband bailed him in a few hours. My son makes too much to get an appt. atty., but is losing his home, thanks to his mortgage pmts. going sky-high. This has devastated the family, esp. since he's the last person in the world capable of the charge. It's not sexual molestation but sexual assault. The girl's mother is a loose cannon by many accounts. The specter of jail on such an unfair charge is affecting everyone. I'm in CO now helping them move and for moral support. He did retain a lawyer, but the $10,000 charge is so exorbitant they are scrambling for money to pay. My daughter-in-law's mom is selling stuff and I will, too, when I return home. A lady I work for gave me $5,000 to help we don't have to pay back, for which I'm very, very thankful.

The lawyer said it's unfortunate the police instead of a detective investigated. His second appearance was today and was continued to 24 July. We hoped the charges would be dropped today, but no.

I'm at my wit's end and feel so helpless. I lost my only other child last year to depression and I'm scared to death. This son is goodness personified and I'll be able to obtain reams of character reference letters from friends eager to help him. I don't know what to do, but felt I couldn't stand by and do nothing. Does anyone have any words of encouragement?

Thanks for any help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">