• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CITATION for speeding 72/55

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

callussun

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I was driving on 322 and got pulled over. The officer claimed that I was driving at 72mph on 55mph limit. He gave me a citation saying there is no points involved. But I need to mail it in within 10 days. There was in total $108 charges. STATUTE Title 75.

The thing I am confused is the speed equip that was used. There are 6 choices: Radar, Clocked, A.O.V., ESP, Vascar and Other. The "Other" was selected. No input for 'miles followed', 'miles timed' and 'secs. timed' entries. But 'Speed Timing Device Operator', 'Speed Equip Serial No.', 'Station Equip. Tested' and 'Date Equip. Tested'. were filled out.

Does anyone know what speed equipment was used? Is there a way to argue against it?

Thanks!

Title 75 is general but what section did you get cited for? If it is not a 3111 then there will be points assessed after you pay the fine.

If it is a 3111, then you got a break and the fine is the toll for exceeding the speed limit.

Of course there are ways to fight this if you decide to but, imho, I would pay it if it was mine (unless it is not a 3111).

callussun

Thanks for the reply!
It's 3111 A.
Do you mean I just plead guilty and pay the fine?
My concern is if it will leave a mark on my record. I have clean record since I got my license 4.5 years ago.
Thanks!

Thanks for the reply!
It's 3111 A.
Do you mean I just plead guilty and pay the fine?
Although I would fight every kind of ticket, I would simply send in the check with the bottom half of the ticket for a 3111a and look at it as a toll.

My concern is if it will leave a mark on my record. I have clean record since I got my license 4.5 years ago.
Thanks!
Yes it is on your record for some time but I have been told that, since there are no points involved, it doesn't affect your insurance in PA. Maybe someone else can chime in that knows for sure. I wouldn't call my insurance agent to find out though.

As I said earlier there are ways to fight this if you want but the first thing you have to do is find out the specifics (equipment used etc) either by simply calling the police station or filing for discovery.

callussun

Thanks loulblades. I took your advice and mailed it in.
As to the device, I couldn't reach the police station. But the receptionist in the Judge's office said it may be ENRAD.

occharge

I couldn't reach the police station. But the receptionist in the Judge's office said it may be ENRAD.
I promise I am not being sarcastic but... That sort of sounds pretty odd..

No one answered at the Police Station but you were able to get the direct line to the Judge's office???

Maestro64

Ah another ENRADD victim.

The simple fact he did not put any of the required information on the ticket makes this a winnable ticket in PA if you do your research and set up defense properly.

Also, most all ENRADD operations I have seen includes more than one officer, usually one who operates the unit and another writing tickets.

If both officers do not show up at the court, the one officer who wrote the ticket can not testify to what the other saw or measured it is considered hearsay. If you challenge this fact they will attempt to ask for a continuance to try and locate the other officer, you then exercise your right to speedy trail.

Anyway, if you want more information on fighting tickets in PA, send me a PM here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">