• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hispromise1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
What does this mean? My personal representative shall have the option to distribute my shares in either a proportion or in kind, at the option of the recipient." Thanks for your help

Dandy Don

Recipient gets to decide how he wants to receive his shares--in proportion or in kind (do the calculations to see how you would come out the best financially) and then express your wishes to the executor, who is most likely going to agree with what you decide. Now what of shares are we talking about? Stock?

hispromise1

This is ExxonMobil stock. I'm the personal representative, but my concern is what my "option" part is--kind of contradicts the recipient's option. Thanks for your help.

justalayman

This is ExxonMobil stock. I'm the personal representative, but my concern is what my "option" part is--kind of contradicts the recipient's option. Thanks for your help.
the recipient determines how the shares are distributed and this clause basically gives you the right to distribute them in either manner.

It isn't really your option but more of a permission to be allowed to distribute them in either fashion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">