• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

handwritten will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texas mom2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas Husband wrote handwritten will in 1993 leaving everything to me (then wife) and specified that in the event of my death everything would then pass to our daughter and two sons with a ps. all jewelry would go to daughter. Husband and I divorced around 1998. He recently passed away in January 2008. He had remarried and chose not to write a new will. The children and his present wife filed intestate in probate. Today, I happened on this 93 handwritten will. Should this will be filed? Our being divorced, I presume I would not inherit, however, could this mean my children have a valid will that would make them the only heirs of the entire estate?

texas mom2

re: handwritten will question

The answer posted to me was an answer to someone else's question. Still have received no answers

Farfalla

The answer posted to me was an answer to someone else's question. Still have received no answers
I'm sorry... not sure how that cross post happened.. especially since I had written a response to you. I removed the unrelated post. So here it is again...

It might be worth your childen retaining an attorney and presenting the will to the probate court. Let the court decide if the will is still valid.

Even if the will is valid, you widow could very well still have some rights. For example if they held property jointly with rights of survivorship.

Dandy Don

Don't waste your time talking to an attorney--the will you have will not benefit the children in any way. The provision that they inherit only in the event of your death does not apply since you are still alive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">