• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Complaint For Aggravated harrasment.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyber2080

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

New York.

New landlord (Two 100 old commercial Building , with 6 apartments , common basement and Boiler , Two entrances . New York ) Bought 6 months back .
After the Purchase , he Realize Rent is low , So he Started Asking to Double the rent or Leave the Apartment. As the Some tenants are living there for 20+ Years, They asked for 1 year Time to move out.

Now one of the landlord ( 3 or 4 Total partners ) started playing nasty , by harassing all the Tenants.

My Ex wife with 10 years old kid is living there for last 12 years .

This landlord threatened to kick her out of the apartment , Started Knocking at her doors unnecessary , Stalk her, Knowing she lives alone , started making advances . started making Verbal Abusing ,
She warned him that , if he does not stop harassing her , she will call cops .

He filed civil case for eviction for two tenants , as he stop accepting Rent, he wanted to evict them ( He told , he will throw two tenants at time , and then he will , convert each apartment into two apartments and This way he can Rent for huge amount , )

There are Lot of violations , when asked for Repair , he Refuse to Repair or correct any violation .

My Ex wife contacted Housing Department and Complaint about the violation and Inspectors visited and Noted the Violation and send the notice to Landlord ,

Land lord got very Upset and started threatening her . Started making False accusation , Try to Stop her when she walk into apartment and Got her involve in Unnecessary Conversation / verbal harass. This keep on going for 5 months . As a woman , She did not know , what to do ..

As My Ex wife have some physical Health problem , she had to Visit Doctor, Therapy , Going to

job ,Taking care of Kid.. There is hardly any time left to think about Making complaint , Also thinking , this might go away , and he will stop harassing her . Some time Feel helpless and despair , not know what to do and How to handle problem .

On one occasion he wanted to forcibly Enter her Bedroom. He pushed her , touched her on her Private parts , and she yelled and told him , she will call 911 .. she had to take the kid to a Party , and she was Getting late ... so she could Not call the Police , and Next day she had Jury duty ...

While she was leaving for the party that day , she called me and told me , landlord is harassing her and She has to take kid to party and she is already late . As a courtesy to talk to landlord ..
I called landlord on the phone , and I was try to know , what is happening , he started yelling at me , and Cursing me , I did not know what happening . I asked him , why he is yelling at me , and told , him , If she does not want you there , then why you go to her apartment and Harass her, and I hang up , as he was not Listing to me ..
( This was only 1 minute call and ONLY ONE call )

As the Landlord was guilty and He knew she might call cops , To Counter attack, He called 911 and made a false complaint Against me , That He has called and threatened .

In next few day , Detective called me and told me , there is arrest warrant , he has to turn yourself in for Aggravated harassment

I told detective , this is What has happened , he is harassing my ex wife and there is Housing civil case and he is making false complaint to harass my ex wife , by making false complaint Against me .

Detective told me , you guys did not make police complaint , he went ahead and filed police complaint , he did right . Now we have to Take action , No matter what is the Truth .

I told that , I have nothing to do with this , this is case Between My ex wife and Nasty landlord . But they did not listen that ,his is False Complaint .

i called my ex wife and Told , landlord has filed False Complaint against me .

She went to PCT and told them About her harassment story .
Front desk wrote her Report.
My ex wife went to PCT and file complaint , the Detective came and Rip the report Right i front of her, mistreated her there and scared her to leave the pct . Tell her she can not file complaint

I was Ticketed due to My good Record and Being a Good / Educated citizen. and future court date .

It sound a case of Corruption and bribery involve in this , As the Detective was not Ready to Listen the Truth .

I would like to know , Who can I address this?
Who should, I contact to tell about this False complaint?
Where can I go to stop this Crooked landlord , from making More false complaint against me or other tenants .
How this Landlord can be stopped from Harassing my Ex Wife ?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
New york

Last edited:

BL

You are going to have to answer to your own arrest for aggravated harassment over the phone .

I'd suggest consulting an Attorney , and hire one .

Your X needs to call the police when she is being harassed .

I would find it incredibly suspicion that you X would try to file a complaint herself of harassment , after the LL filed one on you .

I further would question why on earth she chose to go to a birthday party instead of calling 911 for sexual criminal acts , trespassing , etc .

Maybe she should contact an Attorney herself .

cyber2080

False Police complaint

How to Stop LL from Further , false complaint .

Who can be addressed for this ? Can an investigation by another Agency be Requested .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">