• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband adopting my daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robinsof4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I live in Oxford, Ohio. I have a daughter from a relationship prior to marrying my husband. my husband has been her father since she was 6 months old. i have never had contact with her bio father except for a court date that determined how much he would pay. although we never went to court for anything else. he never had any other contact with her otherwise. my husband wants to adopt her. we have been married for going on five years now. i also have on ongoing job and family services application with the county for assistance. they are trying to go after the bio father for support and i nothing to do with him. please let me know what the first step i need to do? thanks

I live in Oxford, Ohio. I have a daughter from a relationship prior to marrying my husband. my husband has been her father since she was 6 months old. i have never had contact with her bio father except for a court date that determined how much he would pay. although we never went to court for anything else. he never had any other contact with her otherwise. my husband wants to adopt her. we have been married for going on five years now. i also have on ongoing job and family services application with the county for assistance. they are trying to go after the bio father for support and i nothing to do with him. please let me know what the first step i need to do? thanks
Hire an attorney specilazing in adoption.

acmb05

I live in Oxford, Ohio. I have a daughter from a relationship prior to marrying my husband. my husband has been her father since she was 6 months old. i have never had contact with her bio father except for a court date that determined how much he would pay.
So he is ordered to pay support?

although we never went to court for anything else. he never had any other contact with her otherwise. my husband wants to adopt her. we have been married for going on five years now. i also have on ongoing job and family services application with the county for assistance. they are trying to go after the bio father for support and i nothing to do with him.
Thought he already had an order for support? regardless if you are asking for state assistance they will expect him to pay that back.

please let me know what the first step i need to do? thanks
Get a better job. Kids are expensive and the adoption (if it is allowed) will be expensive.

LdiJ

You really need to consult an adoption attorney. That is where you are going to get the best answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">