• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please explain

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tallrat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) Ohio?

I hope this is right place to post. I just want an explanation.

Back in Feb I was recovering from a broken leg and was just about ready to go to bed when I heard a crash. A drunk had came down my street at high rate of speed on snow covered road and plowed into the tree next to driveway. His truck spun around, smashed my new jeep and then pushed it into my almost new Sebring.

I was in a cast and only made it to front door, then police showed up ( about 6 of them) a squad with full firetruck (about 8 guys) and pulled him out of truck. He was bleeding, then wouldnt get into ambulance then started wrestling with police a bit. They caught most of this on camera.

Of course this guy didnt have insurance and by the looks of him and his truck it is a wonder he had enough money to get drunk in first place.

Now yesterday I get a summons to go to court as a witness for the county which means I get to use another vacation day for nothing.

Now I already know, I have to go so I dont need that answer. I'll probably sit 1/2 a day and they wont even call me.

Why summons me? The police seen everything I did, all I have over them is I heard a boom. They have video, pictures and my insurance claims and a copy of my insurance company saying they tried to recover but there's nothing they can recover. Am I missing what kind of info they can get from me? They had to pull him out of drivers seat, a blind man could see he was wasted. Thanks for any info!

Curt581

Why summons me? The police seen everything I did, all I have over them is I heard a boom. They have video, pictures and my insurance claims and a copy of my insurance company saying they tried to recover but there's nothing they can recover. Am I missing what kind of info they can get from me? They had to pull him out of drivers seat, a blind man could see he was wasted. Thanks for any info!
Easy. You're the victim.

You would be needed if foundation testimony is needed for the insurance claims, damage, restitution, etc.

Tallrat

Foundation testimony, Thanks for answer. I think he's going away for a long time. This is his 6th time and 4 with property damage. I doubt I'll be seeing any money, Thank goodness for uninsured motorist! Thanks again Curt

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">