• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I expect? What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

orko11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have a mandatory court appearance in kern county in a couple weeks for a 22348b, speeding over 100mph. I was clocked @ 101mph, i was playing with the cruise control-car loaded with camping gear on the way to Yosemite. I must have been going 100mph for 5 sec, it was on LEBEC curve, which must be a speed trap.

I also have a warrant from up north. The warrant must be almost 6 years old now, misdemeanor petty theft.

What will happen to me? Will the judge see my warrant when I appear? Will I have my licsense suspended? How much will the fine be? Is there anyway to knock this citation down, avoid the 2 points on my licsense?

Thanks for any info...

Orko

Last edited:

OP85063

Get a Lawyer, you'll need one. Or walk with baby oil and beg the judge for Mercy, after you bend over and he's finish with you; he still won't have mercy on you.

Get a lawyer, how you couldn't notice your doing 100MPH playing with your cruise control for only 5 sec, you driving a super car?

orko11

Gee, great descriptions! What do you mean exactly? I'm gonna ask the judge for mercy. I don't mind the fine, i hope I don't get my liscense suspended and i really don't want the 2 points for insurance.

Will the old warrant affect me? Most courts say they encourage people to pay their tickets and won't arrest them. I've been pulled over several times in the last 6 years and my warrant has only been mentioned a couple times.

How do you contact a lawyer that would be inexpensive, but effective? Is it worth it, are there public defenders available at the court or do you contact ahead of time?

Need advice! Need Help! I'm going next Tuesday!

Orko

I have a 2003 toyota highlander. Owned it for 3 months! =P

seniorjudge

I have a mandatory court appearance in kern county in a couple weeks for a 22348b, speeding over 100mph. I was clocked @ 101mph, i was playing with the cruise control-car loaded with camping gear on the way to Yosemite. I must have been going 100mph for 5 sec, it was on LEBEC curve, which must be a speed trap.

I am assuming you are making a funny.

I also have a warrant from up north. The warrant must be almost 6 years old now, misdemeanor petty theft.

Not good.

What will happen to me? Will the judge see my warrant when I appear? Will I have my licsense suspended? How much will the fine be? Is there anyway to knock this citation down, avoid the 2 points on my licsense?

My GUESS is that you are going to jail and you will get your license suspended. Probably a fine also. No prosecutor will want to plea bargain a speeding ticket of 100+ by a fugitive.

JIMinCA

The warrant issue is tough. You ought not be asking that question on a traffic forum. However, the22348b should be easy. After all, you were cited for driving 1 mph over. That would be difficult to prove. You should ask for discovery and get the maintenance and calibration records of the radar unit used.

oakenfold

I'm surprised the cop didn't do a warrant check after stopping him on the misdo mover. Additionally, he didn't get his car towed.

I'd say he's already made out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">