• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana- Financial Protection if spouse dies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

linday819

My husband and I shopped for home just prior to marriage. Since closing was to happen prior to marriage date, deed and mortgage put in husband's name only, supposedly with intention of refinancing and adding my name after marriage. Six months later this has not happened and also will has not been changed. (Husband just retired from GM prior to our marriage) Prior to marriage, the two life insurance policies and the will left everything to his two daughters and one grandchild. One daughter (who lives in Michigan which is where he lived prior to our marriage) was to be the Executor of the estate. Since none of the paperwork has been changed, if he were to pass away tomorrow, am I out on the street with nothing? If so, what is the best way for me to be protected? If only will is changed, does that protect me?

L

linday819

State notation

For some reason it didn't show up but I had put Indiana in the topic -- I lived in Indiana prior to our marriage and spouse and I have lived in Indiana during the course of the marriage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">