• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYC ECB help needed ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsnap

I am new to this forum and I do know that this is about traffic violations however, I am hoping that someone is knowledgeable in the ECB violation area. The situation is like this, I opened my mail box to find an ECB violation with an annomoyus note from one of my neighbors that read your violation was left on my door. My name and address along with block and lot was correct but what must have happened is that the DOB inspector inspected the wrong house. My question is, I know that this is going to be a hard one to beat however, there is one little area where it describes the place of occurance as being a two stories building and my building is a three story building. So clearly the DOB inspector who issued the ECB violation was looking at a two story building. Will this be enough evidence to support my claim that the DOB inspector who issued the ECB violation clearly inspected the wrong house? The violation was for no work permit. Will my defense hold up? I know that the judges must hear all day long that the violations were improperly severed but in my case it actually was and the only little proof that I have is where it is stated number of stories on the building. He wrote two and I clearly live in a three story house. That is documented three stories on the C-of- O.

racer72

Help us help you. What does ECB and DOB mean? What does this have to do with speeding and other moving violations?

You Are Guilty

Unless the violation was for "no work permit on a 2-story house", then the number of floors is immaterial to whether you are guilty or not (you conveniently left out two key details - were you doing any work and did you have a permit if you were?)

That said, you can certainly try to use that as a defense if you have nothing else, but I wouldn't expect much. Figure maybe a 1 in 10 shot of it working.

PS: DOB = department of buildings and ECB = environmental control board

PPS: Why is this in the moving violations forum?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">