• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental Office Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pwlcapricorn1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My wife had her wisdom teeth removed last month. The oral surgeon that we went to said that our insurance company would paid 50% of the procedure. We paid in full $600 plus dollars on the day of the surgery. A month later, we get a call from the oral surgeon that our insurance won't cover any of the cost and that we owe them another $550.00. I called the insurance company to find out what happened and they have on record that the oral surgeon was told that no money would be paid because they were an out-of-network provider. I called the oral surgeon back and told them what my insurance company told me and they said it was not true. In the mean time, we are stuck with paying the additional $550.00 or they will put us in collections. When I asked for the pre-authorized letter from the insurance company that led them to believe our insurance was covering the surgery, they said that it was a phone authorization and that nothing was provided by the insurance company. I feel that we were lied to by the oral surgeon from the start. They never told us that they were an outside provider and when they originally told us the cost would be $1300.00 for the surgery and couldn't afford that amount, they magically called us the next day and claimed that our insurance would cover 50%. Fraud is the first thing that comes to mind, but I don't know if it's worth it to start a lawsuit over $550.00?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">