• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Volunteer-Promised Floor Tix, got 600 level

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

szgg07

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I received an email from a local casting agency.

"We are looking for people who are able to come out on Friday July 4
from 12-6 to help them rehearse the event. Many should be released
before 6.

While the producers are not offering pay for this participation, they
will give everyone who volunteers on Friday 2 passes to attend the
event Saturday, July 5. These passes will be floor level seats
(valued at $750.00 each, I am told.)

Volunteers should be at least 18 years old.

If you are interested in participating, please email us right "

I was there for 5 and a half hours expecting to get floor tickets because I sacrificed by 4th of July to volunteer so I could get floor tickets to this upcoming event worth at $750 each. Before we left they gave us tickets but they were at a 600 seat level! I asked one of the staff members about it and all she said was "Oh that was a typo." !

Is there any legal action I can take?

racer72

Is there any legal action I can take?
Sure, sue for the cost of the tickets. Ooop, they didn't cost you anything out of pocket. Unless you can prove you gave up something that would have resulted in payment to attend the rehearsal, you have no case. Then it would only be for the money you lost, not the value of the tickets.

justalayman

you guys sure of this?

To me, it sounds like a barter contract disguised as a volunteer action. If it is, then OP would be owed the difference of the value of the tickets promised and the tickets recieved.

They would also owe income taxes on the value of whatever they did recieve.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">