• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud with Entertainment Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alloveryou

4 months ago I signed a recording contract via email with a independent record label out of Milwaukee, WI as a Song Writer/Singer. In doing so I also signed an addendum with the contract because there where a few alterations that were made to the original contract. Approximately one month after the original signing I traveled to Milwaukee to start the recording process, and also to sign the contract again with a notary.
I was in Milwaukee for one week and everyday I was there I was in the studio recording, working on music compositions and taking photos for promotional use. I was driven around by one of the staff members of the label to adhere all of my appointments, this is relevant because I was rushed to resign contract at the bank. The staff member was not available to drive me to the bank in good timing to resign the contract; in result of this happening I missed my plane. Now this is relevant because under those circumstances I was not able to recognize that my original addendum was completely different from the contract that I signed in Milwaukee. The one I signed in Milwaukee was something I'd never read or considered, and they were very similar as far as appearance.

If anyone knows or could think of any options at this point please respond to this post I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you

JETX

If anyone knows or could think of any options at this point please respond to this post I would greatly appreciate it.
Options to what??
Sounds to me like you failed to READ a contract before signing it and signed it anyway. You are bound to the agreement you signed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">