• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does a CA citation mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cece

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

This is my first citation in 30+ years of driving, other than parking tickets. TJust moved to CA and within 6 months I received a citation for turning right onto the wrong lane. Other than paying a fine, what does a citation mean in CA?

Thanks for any help and answers.

CourtClerk

It means a point on your driving record. It won't wreck your future. Worry not.

Pay the ticket and go to traffic school. Point goes away and your insurance company is none the wiser. :)

JIMinCA

It means a point on your driving record. It won't wreck your future. Worry not.

Pay the ticket and go to traffic school. Point goes away and your insurance company is none the wiser. :)
This is the friendly way your CA system of traffic enforcement works. They hope you'll just pay your ticket, go to traffic school, and NOT challenge anything in court.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This is the friendly way your CA system of traffic enforcement works. They hope you'll just pay your ticket, go to traffic school, and NOT challenge anything in court.
Strange...seems to me they would hope that one obey the law :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">