• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Making a TV commercial, need to know what i can and cannot say..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EricZ123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Florida

I really need some advice on what i am not allowed to say with regards to a potential investment in collectible coins that i am attempting to retail on a TV commercial..

I am selling some very controversial error coins, and in order to educate the consumer about them i need to make comparisons to historically profitable error coins. and then try to convince them that my coins are worth the retail price i am asking because they should grow a great deal in value in years to come based on historical precedents... i want to be very careful, because i know anything involving investments and this type of thing you have to watch what you say.. for instance if i made predictions or promises about the coins appreciation or future performance i would be in deep trouble with the FTC or whoever governs this sort of thing..

well this is my first commercial and my producer is arguing with me over the script because he thinks its safe, and i do not.. and its not his head on the block if it goes wrong.. he wants to use terms like , this coin is going to go crazy, grab your investment now while you still can.. and..YOU CANT LOSE.. well , i think he may be less than experienced where this sort of thing is concerned.. I also want to set up some protection for my family and business by incorporating or at least making an llc. any advice will be greatly appreciated ! and i dont expect it to be binding, just looking for the benefit of a lawyer or individual more experienced in these matters than me.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">