• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gym membership contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crumb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

I know this is a longshot but here is the situation. I signed up for a gym membership for a local gym about 3 years ago and the contract was for a year and then month to month thereafter. It also says you have to give them 60 days notice to cancel which I am sure I knew and understood at the time I signed it but it has been 3 years so I forgot about the 60 days. I found out I am moving with only a couple weeks notice and they won't budge on the policy. I feel they are banking on the idea that people don't remember what they signed years later.

Is there any law being broken in this situation or is it just a moral thing going on here?

Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What's the problem? Give your 60 day notice. That's what YOU agreed to. There's nothing legally OR morally wrong.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

I know this is a longshot but here is the situation. I signed up for a gym membership for a local gym about 3 years ago and the contract was for a year and then month to month thereafter. It also says you have to give them 60 days notice to cancel which I am sure I knew and understood at the time I signed it but it has been 3 years so I forgot about the 60 days. I found out I am moving with only a couple weeks notice and they won't budge on the policy. I feel they are banking on the idea that people don't remember what they signed years later.

Is there any law being broken in this situation or is it just a moral thing going on here?

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">