• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog Trainer problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sflamedic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I haired a dog trainer last sept or oct and am having some issues. I hired her b/c my dog is very hyper and some what aggressive towards guests. I paid $600 for seven in home lessons. Well we did 3 lessons and all 3 lessons were only about how to walk a dog. I continuously told her that i needed it to be more focused on the aggression and i didnt care about the proper way to walk my dog. She recommended that we stop lessons, get him neutered and call her back in a few months. Well i did that and the dog was still the same and since i was so unhappy with how this training was going i asked to refund the remaining lessons. After going back and forth we agreed that she would refund me $300 and that she would send the check that week. Well seven months later and hundreds of phone calls and still no check. She has told me numerous times that she is sending the check and i never recieved anything, then recently i was told that she would meet me at 5:15 on monday and she never showed. I have tried calling many times, i have written emails, and i have sent text messages to her without any response. She is just ignoring me completely now. I have been very patient about this whole thing but this has gone on way to far. There wasnt anything in the paperwork about no refunds or anything. I have paid for a service that i have not recieved. Any advice?

Ozark_Sophist

Walk the dang dog. The dog needs exercise. You need the opportunity to assert control over the animal (to become the master). Dog obedience begins with exercise as a hyper animal needs to get rid of energy before it can be taught.

Do you have a written contract?

sflamedic

I know how to walk a dog and to give it exercise. That wasnt the problem, thats just what this trainer tried to teach.

The original paperwork i have is just a sheet that states she will give 7 lessons for the $600 and what she will train on. I have a files with everything she has givem to me.

Silverplum

I know how to walk a dog and to give it exercise. That wasnt the problem, thats just what this trainer tried to teach.

The original paperwork i have is just a sheet that states she will give 7 lessons for the $600 and what she will train on. I have a files with everything she has givem to me.
*playing dentist here, pulling teeth* :rolleyes:

And what WERE those items that "she will train on," exactly??????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">