• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can we make this go away?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mediaguy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I was involved in a road-side altercation, much shouting a some light shoving exchanged place, no one injured, no car damage. I left the scene as I thought it was a nothing but someone called the cops and the other guy signed a complaint. I subsequently filed a complaint against him and now we both have a court date. The paperwork came is as State vs. Mediaguy and State vs the other idiot.
Question, if I get the other guy tio agree to drop charges and I do the same, will the incident go away?

seniorjudge

Q: Question, if I get the other guy tio agree to drop charges and I do the same, will the incident go away?

A: No. The government is now prosecuting it.

LeeHarveyBlotto

While agreeing with the above, there's a pretty good chance that if the two idiots don't want to persue it, that the state would be willing to let this POS go.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
While agreeing with the above, there's a pretty good chance that if the two idiots don't want to persue it, that the state would be willing to let this POS go.
I more or less agree with you. But I have been hearing that "road rage" is more frequently being acknowledged as a serious problem that endangers everyone on the road. I wouldn't be surprised if these guys got at least a token punishment, but I also wouldn't be surprised if anyone has the time, money, or manpower to do much more than pay it lip service.

outonbail

and of course there's the big question that nobody knows the answer to,,,

Is either idiot on probation or parole?

Which is often the case as these type of situations, for some strange reason, often occur to the same folks over and over again.

I knew a guy that was always getting in fights. At the bar, on the road, at the beach, at the grocery store, at choir practice, playing miniature golf,,,, didn't matter where he was, there was always someone else there that just didn't like him. He always said it was simply a matter of being in the wrong place at the right time,,, just about every day of his life.

He was going to be on probation for the rest of his life,,,,,,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">