• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Billing Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dakota de'Leo

Calif. attorneys charged me twice for same thing, also other clients charges were on my bill. When I phoned my Att. 10/99 he told me "don't pay until they get the bill straightened out": going to new billing service & having problems. He also said to ignore all late pymt charges. At that time he was still working on my case. I've asked for corrected statements since 10-99', he represented my case til 11-00'. I have paid him some money during that time, and when I went in to sign settlement check they said they would keep it towards what I owed. As to date I have Never recieve a corrected statement and they have now turned billing over to a collection agency, in amout of $3,450.,when it should be $135., how do I get this matter resolved ?

[Edited by dakota de'Leo on 02-15-2001 at 07:21 AM]

JETX

My suggestion is to get all your paperwork together and schedule an appointment with the attorney or his/her office manager to get this resolved. Then, after resolution, get it in writing!!

Finally, if you still can't get this resolved, you might consider writing the attorney a letter detailing your opinions and recollections of his verbal statements. Ask that he/she resolve it, or you will have to contact the CA State Bar Association. If he doesn't handle it, file a complaint.

D

dakota de'Leo

Billing dispute

I did contact the office and they told me the matter had been turned over to a collection agency, I would need to deal directly with them. I contacted the collection agency and the man was extremely rude and he hung up on me. Where do I go from here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">