• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad paving job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greg71

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in Illinois. I paid $3400 to have my driveway repaved. The contract said they were going to remove weeds, patch holes, fill cracks, and use a primer before asphalt was laid. There was to be 2 plus inches of asphalt and edges were going to be tamped to 45 degrees. None of this happened. Weeds were not removed, holes not patched, cracks not filled, no primer. Most of the asphalt is under 1 1/2 inches and some areas as thin as 1/2 inch and edges were not tamped. Also there are lines and ridges all over the place where it was not rolled good and edges are not a straight line, in some areas they missed the old driveway and went about 8 inches into the grass with new asphalt. Now the pavement company will not return my phone calls and I don't know where they are located as their mailing address is a P.O. Box. Do I have any recoure to get this fixed?

xylene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in Illinois. I paid $3400 to have my driveway repaved. The contract said they were going to remove weeds, patch holes, fill cracks, and use a primer before asphalt was laid. There was to be 2 plus inches of asphalt and edges were going to be tamped to 45 degrees. None of this happened. Weeds were not removed, holes not patched, cracks not filled, no primer. Most of the asphalt is under 1 1/2 inches and some areas as thin as 1/2 inch and edges were not tamped. Also there are lines and ridges all over the place where it was not rolled good and edges are not a straight line, in some areas they missed the old driveway and went about 8 inches into the grass with new asphalt. Now the pavement company will not return my phone calls and I don't know where they are located as their mailing address is a P.O. Box. Do I have any recoure to get this fixed?
Sue them in smalls claims court for their non-performance of contract.

BL

Call the local BBB & OAG to see if the have complaints and Co. info on this Co., then sue .

Ozark_Sophist

Was this a door to door outfit? Did the company claim to be doing work in the area and have some extra material to give you a good deal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">