• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pest Control Svc contract -- Does ineffective=breach?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skwarepeg

I started receiving service from pest control company, after answering questions about specific pests I was encountering (including ants). After a few treatments, I had not seen results. Additionally, I specifically mentioned the ants and their location on two separate visits (one of which was to come specifically for the ants). At no time while I received service from the company were the pests "controlled" (or even intimidated, as far as I could tell... ha!).

I canceled my next appointment, only to be told that I would owe a cancellation fee to stop the contract. Considering I hadn't had results for the treatments I'd *already* paid for, this seems strange to me.

I realize nobody knows the exact terms of my contract, but *typically,* would the simple application of some supposed pest-controlling substance be considered fulfilling their end of the contract? Or do I have a reasonable expectation of pest control when involved in such a contract?

If the service works, then fine, I don't have a problem paying it. But it bothers me that they could actually be applying ANYthing, even water, if they are not required to have reasonable results. :confused:

Must a measure of "pest control" be specifically detailed in the contract for me to have an out?

I appreciate any input on this.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">