• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indecency w/child - PHd evaluation records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MsMermaid

My husband was charged with indecency with a child. To get to the bottom of the charge I took my child to a private PHd in Oklahoma once a week for over two months. We were hoping to get him to testify to his findings in court, but since it would require him to travel out of state, he is refusing to go, and the court is saying he doesn't have to. We are now trying to get a copy of all his records and a signed/notarized statement stating that these are all his records. I sent him a written request over a month ago and haven't received anything yet. I paid this PHd to evaluate my daughter and now I want the results of his findings, but for some reason he is dragging his feet. Can he legally with hold these records from us. What can we do?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You need to get a family law attorney to help you. Try http://www.attorneypages.com. You need to use a subpoena duces tecum to get this information from him. With merely a request letter, he is smart not to relinquish any information (he is covering his legal behind). Sooo..... you need to subpoena the records and him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">