• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate in florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

inadaze254

Recently my mother passed away sept.2000.I am her only daughter and the executor of her will.1/3 was left to her grandson and the rest to myself.my son resides in Connecticut and I reside in California.my son is 11 yrs old.Can the courts in Florida increase child support payments after the estate is settled?Can my support payments be increased while the estate is in probate? I just started a new job and will that be added to the amount the small business makes?

ALawyer

I am confused.

If Mom lived in Florida, the probate courts of that state deal with probate under the Will, and timing of any payments from her estate to a minor.

I have no idea where you got a divorce or support decree, or what they say, or what impact of coming into money may have on anyone's rights or obligations vis a vis your ex-husband or your child. But Florida normally only deals with the probate issues, unless it was a Florida support decree also.

A

advisor10

FEB 15, 2001

DEAR INADAZE:

Your question really would be more appropriately posted in the CHILD SUPPORT AND CUSTODY advice forum message board, where an attorney who specializes in this area probably has a more specific and helpful answer for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">