• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

does ltd pay back pay like sdi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

darwood8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california I am currently on state disability, my doctor says i would not be able to go back to work . i have applied for ss disability and for long term disability thru aetna. if and when approved, does aetna pay back money from time i became disabled.thanks

Mrs3

Yes.

But check your plan documents because there may be a grace period that you are not paid for. I forget what mine was, I think 3 months or so.

Plus, depending on how long it takes to approve your case you may be entitled to interest payments on the back-pay. Interest rates are based on the state and California is around 6%. Read all your plan documents. Sometimes it takes a while to get LTD approved. It is good to start the process as soon as possible. Make sure you keep excellent records of your doctor visits and get copies of your medical records. Also keep a good record of your conversations with your LTD carrier and if I may suggest do everything in writing. You never know what will pop up.

Have you applied for short-term disability through your employer? Usually you do that first and then apply for LTD.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">