• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Palm beach county, FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Safe Place

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
my grandfather died, leaving everything to my grandmother. My grandmother died June 20, 20008. my father is the executor of the will and instructed family members NOT to tell me she died because he doesn't want me to get what was left to me.
If I order a certified copy of the will, will my name and address be logged in somewhere, thus stopping my father from falslely telling the court he can't locate me?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

seniorjudge

Q: If I order a certified copy of the will, will my name and address be logged in somewhere, thus stopping my father from falslely telling the court he can't locate me?

A: That is possible. By the way, order the whole file.

anteater

Why not just send your father a ceritified letter with your address?

I doubt that executors are required to look for who may have requested a copy of the probate file.

Safe Place

My Grandma died on 6/20/2008, buried on 6/23/2008, my dad filed something on 6/26/2008. He is an extremely dishonest person. If he says he couldn't find me, what happens next?

Dandy Don

Wait until you can see if you get a copy of the will before you decide how to proceed. IF you are named in it there is virtually nothing he can do to cheat you out of your money since it is public record, but if you still feel he will be dishonest you can get your own attorney while probate is still in process to file a claim on your behalf to make sure he has your contact information.

Farfalla

My Grandma died on 6/20/2008, buried on 6/23/2008, my dad filed something on 6/26/2008. He is an extremely dishonest person. If he says he couldn't find me, what happens next?
If he has filed something with the court, than it's public records ad you can get a copy of it. I believe that you can also notify the court of your address... you really ought to speak to a attorney about how to do this.

Safe Place

what does this mean:

NOTICE OF APPEAL AND ORDER OF INSOLVENCY SENT TO 4TH DISTRICT COURT OF APPEALS. SENT TO NORTH COUNTY - 7/17/2008

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">