• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice about an MIP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aaron_smith77

Ok i live in north platte nebraska and ive got charged wit an MIP a False reporting threatining to use an explosive device and a uncontrolable and i just got out of trouble from the explosive device i just got off state ward 2 days ago my friends were drinking alcohol in my back yard and the cops came and i wasnt drinking but the officer made me blow in his face and he said i had been drinking but i was making out wit a girl tht was drinking then he asked who hasnt been drinking and everyone who wasnt got breathalized and let go but he refuzed to breatrhalizer me since i had to blow in his face and i asked him twice to please breathalizer me but he wuldnt so now hes charging me with an MIP what shuld i do ????/

quincy

What you need, aaron, is a good attorney.

Nebraska's MIP law includes possession of any alcohol, consumption of any alcohol (with a BAC), and physical control of any alcohol. There is a $500 fine and/or 3 months in jail possible, or potentially 10 days of public works projects, or probation which includes the fine, community service and diversion. It is a Class 3 misdemeanor.

There is a provision which allows a minor under the age of 21 to possess or consume alcohol in his/her own permanent place of residence, but there are conditions that apply and also, since you were in your backyard and not inside your home, I am not sure this will apply at all.

You are not in a great position here, because you have already been in some serious trouble legally. And recently. A judge is not going to want to be lenient in your case. That is why an attorney is a necessity for you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">