• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not sure which to do.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

omen13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My daughter will be 7 soon. Her biological father has not been seen of since she was 1 and 1/2 years old. She has no recollections of her father. The only time child support is paid was from a court order from the support office. I dont even want the child support.
I am happily married now for over 3 years. My husband is her father she only knows. He has been with us and taken care of her since she was 2.
The issue at hand is that my daughter has her biological fathers last name. She will not use it. Since she started school she insists her last name is my maiden name. Momma's last name. She also says when will she have my husbands last name. I dont know what to do. I would like to at least even just get it changed to my maiden name since she is afterall my daughter. My husband and I are the only ones who have taken care of her through everything. She has always resided with me, got all her medical care, inurance etc from me.
I was going to file for abandonment, eventually want to do adoption for my husband. But I am not sure what thebest step is to start with.
Does anyone have any suggestions to assist????

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why hasn't her father seen her? Do you know where her father is? Have you encouraged a relationship between her and her father? How much is the child support order? When is the last time it was paid?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">