• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption reversal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gammyof 2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
My minor son had a child out of wedlock. The birthmother put the child up for adoption and proceeded to tell the entire town that the child died. We recently found out he is alive and living with his adopted family. Does my son have any legal rights to fight for his son back? And if he succeeds, does the birthmother have any rights if the adoption were reversed? Thanks for your time

nextwife

My minor son had a child out of wedlock. The birthmother put the child up for adoption and proceeded to tell the entire town that the child died. We recently found out he is alive and living with his adopted family. Does my son have any legal rights to fight for his son back? And if he succeeds, does the birthmother have any rights if the adoption were reversed? Thanks for your time
How long ago was this?

Gammyof 2

The child was born 1/07 we just found out 2 months ago that he is alive and no attempts were made to get his consent at the time of the adoption same address and phone number for 10 years.

las365

How old is your son? Is it his desire to be a teenaged single father? How mature is he? Is he in school? Does he have a job? Does he want the baby, or do you?

He might be able to get the adoption reversed, and take the child from the only parents and home he has ever known. But just because you can doesn't always mean you should. Maybe the girlfriend made the right decision, even though she went about it the wrong way.

LdiJ

This isn't legal advice, but please think about this child. He has a mommy and a daddy who no doubt love him very much, and whom he no doubt loves very much. You would rip his world apart to challenge that adoption now.

Yes, if the adoption were undone, then mom's parental rights/responsibilities would be restored.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">