• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Freeway gives no way out.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pokeypiano

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I purchased a car from Freeway Auto Credit by trading my car, which they said that they gave me $1500 for my trade in. They said that they would provide a 3 month, 3,000 mile warranty. It's only been 2 months, and I took the car in for some work. They advised me that they can't repair the problem because it's a problem with the computer system. They also promised to make two of my payments, which I make bi-weekly if I referred someone who actually bought a vehicle from them. I did and they made two weekly payments, which has thrown the account behind. Lastly, I decided to look at the contact, the contract states that it's a "Closed End Lease". With a lease agreement, doesn't the consumer have the option to return the product without further obligation? They are telling me that I can't return the vehicle. Also, with leasing cars, is it legal to take trade ins?

racer72

With a lease agreement, doesn't the consumer have the option to return the product without further obligation?
Not till you comply with the terms of the lease.

They are telling me that I can't return the vehicle.
Not true. You will still owe the balance due per the lease agreement though.

Also, with leasing cars, is it legal to take trade ins?
Why wouldn't it be legal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">