• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New RCA television broke-What more can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

Bought a new 46" RCA LCD television 07/21/2008 from Walmart. Last March it stopped working and called RCA to get the warranty(1 year-parts & labor)work done. Everything went smooth and took it to the repair shop on 03/25/2008. RCA did a 24/48 hour parts search and was unable to find a spare part. The reason being was this model of television had a very high rate of part(same part) failure and they said I would be getting a new television.
They then told me they did not have any televisions to send out and it would be at least 3 weeks. I waited 4 weeks and then called them and then was told it would be another 3-4 weeks. I have called them every 2 weeks(this has been documented)and now i'm told they can't give me a date on when any television will be sent. On June 24th I filed a complaint with the BBB and they say it could be 40 days before I hear anything. I called my credit card company trying to get a refund but they said too much time has passed. What are my options here?
I'll take a refund but I feel RCA should pay some damages for not being able to honor the warranty. I'm told that if I do get a new television that it will have the same faulty part and chances are it will fail again in 6 or 7 months. Also when I do call them i'm talking to someone in the Phillipines who can only tell me the television is on back order. Shouldn't RCA at least upgrade me to a newer(larger screen) model? Anything I can do? Thanks for the help!

Some Random Guy

When you called them, asked to speak to a manager and asked them to replace your television with a newer 46" model, what did they say?

Tallrat

Try bypassing Philippines

877-794-7977. 8AM - 8PM Monday - Friday EST and 10AM - 7PM EST on weekends.

Be polite and see if some one there can help you. If you can get a manager maybe he can get things rolling.

Let us know if it helps.

Doh! My mistake

Bought the television 7/21/2007 I will call the 877 number and see what I can find out. I checked with my BBB complaint(very nice site)and they have given RCA until Friday to respond to the complaint. I'm very impressed with the BBB site. They keep track of every detail concerning your complaint. I thought for sure I would get a refund from my credit card company but they said too much time has elasped and they advised me to file a complaint with the BBB or take them to small claims court. Have done other research into this problem with this model of television and RCA is having many problems with the same part on these models. Maybe they should be recalled. Thanks for your help. Will get something figured out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">