• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car threw rod

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boughtalemon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado. I bought a 2004 Suziki Aerio in 2005. Right now the car has less than 55,000 miles on it and it threw a rod. I was told I need a new engine. The price I was given was about the same amount that I purchased the car for. This is not a viable solultion for me. Chase Bank carries my car loan. I still owe a little over $7000.00 on it. I called them for some help or options, but they were very rude and told me they would repo the car and sue me for the balance. My credit is already pretty bad, so I am not sure how much worse my credit could get. I guess I am trying to find out what kindof options I have if any, or if I am just out of luck. Please help!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The options are to not get your car fixed and pay your loan. Get your car fixed and pay your loan, not get your car fixed and don't pay your loan, or get your car fixed and don't pay your loan.

The repairs that your car needs has no bearing on your loan.

BL

Look within the 4 corners of your warranty .

3 years you drove it , who knows what your driving habits .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">