• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving company -- Delay in delivery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vikul

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I moved from CA to NY. I engaged a Moving company. Everything went fine till the time they sent their people to load my stuff early june . The guy loading my stuff very clearly told me that my stuff would remain in their warehouse for at least a month, I immediately called the sales rep and she told me that I would get the stuff on mid June. They asked me to sign papers which said it will take them anwhere from 2-20 days to deliver from the first day of delivery ( they told me that is all legal stuff and I need not worry ) . It is 16th July today and the stuff is still in their warehouse in CA. My whole family has been sleeping on the ground because of this delay in the delivery.

My question to you all is what are my options, . Can i take them to Consumer court and if yes what is the process? Which consumer court CA's or NY's ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">