• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evidence for an assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris&me

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I was assaulted last month by my now ex-boyfriend's ex. I filed a police report and got a TPO against her. She then filed for a dissolution stating she was nowhere near me and she has witnesses that will prove that. By the way, I'm 7 months pregnant. During the assault she said she will kill me and my unborn if i go to the police and tell my ex-boyfriend about the incident. I did so anyways and thats why filed for the TPO. There was no one around while the incident was happening. So it's pretty much my word against hers. The only hard evidence i have is the 911 call i made during the incident. And that was only for a brief minute because she started choking me when she noticed i had dialed 911. I called the police department for a copy of the tape but they said I need a lawyer and the lawyer will have to order a subpoena to get that tape. My question is, is there another way i can get that copy? We have court next week and i dont want the TPO to get cancelled I'm actually filing for an extension and if the TPO gets dropped she can easily harm me or my child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">